Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Life Goes On

The strangest phenomenon is upon us right now. Our lives are about to radically change (even if only temporarily) but everyday life continues to go on as though nothing is any different. Sports, dance classes, Bible studies, visits with friends, home repairs, new cars; life keeps on going at the same pace it always has. If we're not careful, August 8th will be upon us without a single bag packed.

That's right. We leave August 8th. We can officially begin counting down the days (49 to go) and can unequivocally state we are definitely doing this. When I actually take the time to let that sink in, I definitely start freaking out. But honestly, it is tough to be mindful of the next year when today's life continues at this crazy pace! Maybe God is protecting me from a panic attack. Or multiple panic attacks. Or a complete nervous breakdown. Whichever it is, I am only mildly grateful, because of course it is driving me crazy to be so busy.

I wonder if life will slow down once we are there? I doubt it. Knowing me I will fill in the empty spaces faster than you can say "Bienvenue a France." After all, at this rate, the first week there will be a scramble for forgotten items, like a toothbrush and underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment