Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ten Days to Go

I thought it would be fun to keep an account of how I spend my final ten days of preparation before we leave. In theory I plan on chiming in every day. We'll see if I manage that one!

Yesterday was Ten Days To Go. Here's what I did:

  • Played a board game with my daughter.
  • Painted two coats on the finally completed built-in bookcase in the living room that my husband and father built. This was one of those projects on our list that I think has been completed simply because we're leaving. Who knows how much longer it would have taken had we been staying here. It looks AWESOME and I can't wait to come home and paint the whole living room now!
  • Went to my amazing Friday women's group that meets weekly. My last meeting with them will be in a week. Lord, how I will miss these gals.
  • Cleaned the Studio from top to bottom. It looks gorgeous now. My mom said I am going to get my house so clean and organized that I won't want to leave it. I think there might be some truth to that.
  • Kept up with my daily kitchen tasks (dishes, cleaning the counters, meals, etc.). This has been one of the most challenging parts of getting ready. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the house work when we aren't trying to prepare to move for a year! Needless to say, the house looks like the Tasmanian Devil has whirled through when it needs to look "Real Estate Showing Ready" for our guests!
  • Thoroughly cleaned the outside shelves and cabinets of the kitchen island (ran out of time to do the inside).
  • Chatted with my dear Arizona friend for a bit on the phone, multi-tasking all the while.
  • Made gingerbread. (From a mix, not from scratch!)
  • Worked on our "Home Instructions" notebook for P&S (I should do a separate post about this mammoth. I have serious OCD issues.)
  • Conducted my daily phone check-in with my two best friends. How on EARTH will I let go of this part of my routine, I wonder????!!!!!
  • Watched Wild Kratts with my kids.
  • Enjoyed a lovely dinner visit with some great friends. Thankfully, at their place, not ours!
  • Read another lesson in French In Action. I think I'm up to Lesson 12 in Level One. Sadly, I am noticing my comprehension level is slipping.
  • Mentally obsessed about a ton of other details and reminded myself, if it doesn't get done, Oh Well!

1 comment:

  1. Bien sûr, giving yourself another daily task is a GREAT idea! But then again it might be motivating to know that at the end of the day, you have to 'fess up to the Interwebs. Power to ya!

    ReplyDelete