Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

French on Fire



Tom Hank's character in "Cast Away" can eat his heart out. I didn't make Fire. I made French. And that, let me tell you, is WAY HARDER. (Heck, my 7 year old son can make fire with a magnifying glass and some dried leaves in our driveway for pete's sake.)

This week I wrote THREE whole letters in French and sent them off to various people -one of whom (P&S) I know speaks English, but I have no idea if the other two do. Early on in this process (like week one or two), in my over-eager excitement I researched homeschooling and churches in France. Ever since then I've been sitting on two contact names for a homeschooling group and a local church waiting for things to be more certain before I attempted to contact them.

Well, yesterday I couldn't take the wait any longer, so I totally caved and wrote to them. And guess what?! Not only did they both write back - but their emails indicated that my letters actually MADE SENSE TO THEM!!!! WOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!

Truth be told, I only understood one of the replies and had to use Google Translator to get the gist of the other one. This cracks me up. Oh well.

Gosh, I sure hope I see MARKED improvement by this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment