Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 8

The good news is I slept in until 7:30. The bad news is I tossed and turned all night. David was away with Bo and I just don't do an empty bed anymore. I guess that's what 14 years (as of August 2nd) of marriage will do to a gal!

I know you could correctly assume I didn't sleep simply because of stress and David's absence, however in addition, last night I conducted an interesting experiment worth mentioning so as to save y'all from the trouble. Here's what I learned: Two glasses of wine DO NOT contraindicate the caffeine from one glass of iced cappuccino. You can take that to the bank.

This morning I thoroughly organized and tidied up Bo and Vivi's bedrooms. When I get back home tomorrow, I am hoping I can get in a thorough cleaning of their rooms before dinner. I also managed to fit in my daily kitchen and dining room chores, pack for our overnight, and pack for the beach. Not bad for one morning.

The rest of the day today is a wash as far as preparations go. A trip to the lake and overnight with the kids and my uncle at my parents place will fill my time. David will be home though, just in case anyone's been casing the joint, reads this and thinks, "now's my chance." Haha. Truth be told, "Trip to the lake" IS on my "To-Do Before We Go" list. So, I WILL get to cross more stuff off today! Hooray!

(I am such a pathetic list-making freak!)

No comments:

Post a Comment