Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pieces of Paris

Just thought I'd add some more photos of Paris. The weather was pretty horrible, but hopefully you will agree a little photo editing made the memories look a little better.
l'Arc de Triomphe

Pont Alexandre

Je ne sais pas. (I don't know.) But it is rather pretty, isn't it?

I exercised great restraint by not going in this lovely shop to buy biscuits and jam, after all this isn't London and my purchases need to reflect such!
(Yes, I am buying lots of wine.)

We're finding every decent town in France has a "Hotel de Ville." I'm guessing this one is the grandest of them all.

Sacre Coeur at the top of Montmarte
My favorite part of this stop was reading the banners at the entrance way to the basilica. Bohdan was so impressed he took a picture and then shared this information with his entire class!

In French on the left and English on the right, it reads,
"Depuis 125 ans ici jour et nuit quelqu'un prie le Seigneur.
Venez adorer le Seigneur."

For 125 years here day and night somebody has been praying to the Lord.
Come and adore the Lord."
And inside there were signs that further indicated that indeed, for every hour, 24/7, prayer happens in this building and consistently has been happening for the past 125 years.
Can I get an "Amen?"

Next up, an Eiffel Tower photo shoot and hopefully some anecdotes from our adventures in Paris.

4 comments: