Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Paris Tribute

Little did I know when my friends and I attended the Mama Mia Sing-Along at Regal Theaters over two years ago that I would have the chance to capture the lyrics to "Our Last Summer" in person, on film. Thanks to the company and idea of Janell, here it is:

Our Last Summer - Abba

The summer air was soft and warm
(Not so much. It was freezing and raw most of the time we were there.)
The feeling right, the Paris night
Did its best to please us
And strolling down the Elysee
View of the Arc de Triomphe taken while crossing the Champs de l'Elysee

We had a drink in each cafe
(I am horribly ashamed to admit we did not stop at any cafes for drinks. At 5.50euro for a hot chocolate, we simply couldn't justify it!)
And you
You talked of politics, philosophy and I
Smiled like Mona Lisa
The Actual Mona Lisa in the Louvre Museum
We had our chance
It was a fine and true romance

I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
Walks along the Seine,
Janell and I strolling along the river Seine.
laughing in the rain
You can't tell, but it is raining!
Our last summer
Memories that remain

We made our way along the river
And we sat down in the grass
By the Eiffel tower
Janell, Vivi and I (btw-Vivi knew exactly what and why we were doing this!)
I was so happy we had met
It was the age of no regret
Oh yes
Those crazy years, that was the time
Of the flower-power
)Sadly, the weather wasn't conducive to strolling through any of Paris's famous parks.)
But underneath we had a fear of flying
Of getting old, a fear of slowly dying
We took the chance
Like we were dancing our last dance

I can still recall our last summer
I still see it all
In the tourist jam, round the Notre Dame
The Notre Dame
Our last summer
Walking hand in hand

Paris restaurants
Janell's first glass of wine while we waited for our lunch. It was a Morgon Rouge.
Our last summer
Morning croissants
Making our way back to the apartment with fresh baguette and croissants (in the bag).
Living for the day, worries far away
Our last summer
We would laugh and play

And now you're working in a bank
The family man, a football fan
I couldn't help include a shot from one of Bo's football matches!
And your name is Harry
How dull it seems
Yet you're the hero of my dreams?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Nice job with the song and photos.
    Glad you were able to go to Paris. It is an amazing city.
    katie

    ReplyDelete