Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Vivi's Reflections on France


Vivi looking *very* French.
This is Vivi typing.

I can't wait until we are going to the Alps! We're going to a park! We're staying at three different B&Bs. And then we're going back home!!! 11 more weeks until we're going back home!!!

I'm happy we came to France for lots of reasons:
  1. I've enjoyed the work and recesses at school,
  2. I like my teacher,
  3. I love church,
  4. I'm happy I have a lot of friends,
  5. I've learned a lot of French.
1. I love when we listen to the sounds of a word and find certain sounds in the beginning, middle and end of them. I like the bikes we have at recess. Some are blue, some are yellow and some are red. The big blue one has a platform behind the seat for people to stand on and ride. The yellow one is only for one person, but it goes really fast. The red one is basically broken now, so...

2. My teacher is funny and sweet. If I have problems, she just says, "come to my desk."  some times I stay after with her to learn French.

3. Church has Sunday school where we color, play 2 games and she reads a little bit of the Bible.

4. My French friends are Lucie, Elsa, Charline, Elise, Hugo, Gaeton, and Romain.
Lucie - She's funny and I sit next to her in school. She is fast at running.
Elsa - We play together at recess.
Charline - She makes funny faces.
Elise - She's my partner in my dance class. She's my teacher's daughter and she's in Bohdan's class.
Hugo - He likes to act silly to make us laugh.
Gaeton - He's fast, but I like catching him at tag.
Romain - He is very kind. He's not as bad or crazy as the other boys.

5. I've learned a lot of French and I'm happy I can speak to my friends now. I'm happy I know how to do more stuff now at school. The French people say my accent is fluent and doesn't need any more practice.

We'll be back very soon. I miss you all!
-Vivi (Mom helped with some of the typing)
Vivi's special Birthday-Party Outfit she picked out at the market in Chinon.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear you speak French! And when you get home, I think we should work on making our house church meetings more fun for you kids like the Sunday school class you go to now. Thanks for sharing with us, Vivi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Vivi! I *love* that when I was reading this I could hear you speaking it all in your own voice (esp. the part about the red bike being broken...). :) Love and miss you and can't wait to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Vivi! Love to hear your perspective on your time in France, but we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tres bien, cherie!Je suis enchante de ce que tu as appris cette annee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet. This post alone must affirm and re-affirm your decision to take the year in France this year. Love it! Go Vivi.

    ReplyDelete