Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Monday, March 21, 2011

All Things France

This is starting to feel like it may actually happen! Discussions with P&S are going really well. We are beginning to draft up a contract with them, which will spell out the details about our exchange. Once we have our contract completed, I will post it so anyone who needs an example of something like that will have it. I don't think it actually has any legal weight, but it does give one peace of mind to know we have disclosed as much as possible ahead of time regarding our expectations and requirements.

The toughest part of this stage by far is reminding myself that the rest of life still needs my attention. All things France consume my thoughts and I want to discuss little else with David (or anyone else for that matter). I am trying really hard to focus on the present, to live in the now, as Edna Mode would say. But with each step closer to this dream becoming a reality, I am getting more and more distracted! My brain is swarming with the ridiculous list of details that need to be addressed before we go, phrases in French I know, phrases in French I need to know, how to prepare the kids, what they will do for school, what I will do for the B&B, etc, etc, etc...

In the midst of all that, if I can remember to breath, sleep and eat, it's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment