Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Step Four or Help! Get Me Off this Crazy Thing.

I put on a good show. Just ask those closest to me. They fully know the extent of my acting talent. Either that or I am the only one who doesn't know that my acting abilities totally stink. I'm horrified to consider that everyone actually knows the truth about my neurotic and obsessive tendencies. Well, if they didn't before, I guess they will now.

Here's how I imagine I look when diving into a new opportunity.



And, for the first 3 or so seconds, I don't feel I am lying to anyone. I genuinely feel I am courageous, faith-filled, eager, and fully equipped for what lies ahead. I soar like the most graceful eagle as I plummet headlong toward, toward, TOWARD!!!!???? oh Dear God.

It doesn't take long for my dive to look more like this:



Just in case you're wondering. Right at this very moment, with regards to moving to France, I am definitely past the three second mark. At some point, God is either going to pull my sorry butt up off this board and carry me, clinging to him like plastic wrap, or the part of God will be played by a young boy in green and black swimshorts.

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment