Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Post for Lauryn

I took these pictures at Chateau Usse with my sweet & fashionable god-daughter, Lauryn, in mind. But of course, there are others who may enjoy them as well!

HATS! There were so many hats on display! Most of them were atop mannequins and I couldn't get close enough to take good shots of them. But these were in a display case.

Lauryn and I have had many a discussion about hat pins so I was very excited to come across these! I so wish I could have gotten inside the case for closer photos.


A whole bird. On top of a hat. Beak and all. I don't think I could wear it, could you?

I just loved this outfit! Gibson girl, right?

Love it. The whole thing. It just works! Makes me want to go to the opera.

There are so many people I think of so often, wishing they were here because of this or that which I know they would enjoy with me. This place topped the list I have for Lauryn. Gosh, how I wish I could have brought everybody with me!

7 comments:

  1. Don't say you'd never wear one. We still have the bird you wore on your hat in Annie Get Your Gun - what 6th grade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I had forgotten about that, Mom! You're right, technically I have worn a hat with a whole bird on it before. I guess I need to rescind my previous statement. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD. A Hat Pin Cushion. enouughhh. That pink ensemble is just volcanic. ugh, the last dress is superb, kinda makes me want to cry. And I would totally wear the bird hat...if it didn't tick off PETA so much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too old. What does Volcanic mean? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Pretty in Pink ;)
    Duckie: "This is a really volcanic ensemble you're wearing, it's really marvelous! "

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Allison!!! Not only are NOT too old for a Pretty in Pink reference - it was one of THE movies to shape our generation!!! Sheesh. The only excuse you have is that you might not have expected such complete coolness from someone as young as Lauryn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last photo reminds me of the costumes in the movie "Titanic". Very haute couture.

    ReplyDelete