Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dinner Conversation

I know I said I wasn't going to add to today's post - but I just had to tell this crazy story -
David and I went to dinner at a little restaurant in the middle of nowhere in Maine. We were seated in a corner, right next to a table of four. As we were receiving our menus and getting situated I realized the two couples next to us were all speaking.... FRENCH!!!

Quelle coincidence!

I spent the entire evening drumming up the nerve to interrupt them and ask them where they were from. On our way out I addressed them EN FRANCAIS and learned they were on vacation from Montreal. We had a lovely little chat and they were very, very encouraging - telling me my French was very good and that for sure our children will speak excellent French by this time next year.

It was so cool. Another moment gifted to me from above. God is so good to me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying all these blog posts and hearing what your thoughts are this close to leaving. I'm writing to encourage you to keep on sharing! This is all very exciting for those of us living vicariously through you. And yes, God is good...all the time...better than most of us deserve. Love Him and you!

    ReplyDelete