Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Knitting Myself into a Box

I don't think I have it in me to account for my day. Essentially it was full of wonderful visits with wonderful women and watching my children and a handful of their closest friends perform songs about faith and Jesus at the culmination of their week-long VBS. To say any more than that regarding those events will reduce me to a puddle all over again. :-)

On a funnier note - I am 2.5 inches away from finishing knitting a scarf for P. I have made one for S and for their son already. Sadly, I just realized I cannot finish said scarf because I have to switch to smaller needles for the last bit. The size 5 needles I need are currently securely stored away in a box which is probably heading to an airport as I type, on it's way to France, so that I can continue to work on some knitting projects over the next 12 months. (I promise, Lauryn, I WILL finish your sweater!!!)

Oops!

Hopefully, my mom will have the size I need and I can borrow them from her Sunday night when I see her. Then I will spend Monday morning finishing the scarf and when she sees me off at the airport I can return her needles to her. It's not like I had anything else planned for Monday morning anyway. HA!

I just think this scenario is hysterical. Or maybe I find it so funny because I am bordering on hysterical myself at this point. I don't know. I'm off to laugh myself to sleep for a change. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment