Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

FOUR

I don't feel like I was very motivated today. Due to my best friend's post from yesterday and mine from earlier today, my emotions swam around in my eyes just dying for opportunities to pour out all day long.

However, despite this, I still managed to take the kids to VBS, get new tires on the truck, return books to the library, take my valuables to our safe deposit box and take an inventory if its contents, drop off a truck load of stuff at Goodwill, pick up the kids (one of whom came home early complaining of a sore throat!), make eye masks for Vivi and I for the plane ride, help my dear friend make a skirt for me, clean my disaster area of a kitchen (three loads of dishes!), wipe down all the kitchen cabinets, hang out with my best friend and her daughter, go to my last Bible study for the year {sob}, pick up David's prescription, and help David pack. Which, by the way, was so convicting. He's packing next to NOTHING compared to what I packed for me.

I'm trying to stop now so I can go to bed, but I don't want to lay there in the dark thinking. So I'm waiting until I am near comatose so as to skip over the crying myself to sleep part.

Who knew doing something so "fun and exciting" would include this agony? Thank God, thank God, thank God it is only for a year. I don't know how people do this under more permanent circumstances.

(I think it is funny that a week from now my posts will be about all the fun and excitement. Will there be even a trace of this grief I feel so heavily now? Probably not. Mom would say I am so fickle. And she'd be right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment