Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

These are the "people" in our neighborhood

These are images from our almost daily bike-rides through our "neighborhood."

Bo & Vivi inspect the harvest

For some reason, I seem to always take up the rear.



A MAJOR intersection near our house.



Those aren't pastures off in the distance.
They're vineyards.
As far as the eye can see.







If you stare at this one hard enough, you may hear the angels singing.





Hard to think of anything that could top these family outings. Sure will miss them when colder weather sets in and school starts (in one week)!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I think God put me in the wrong country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Michelle, God allowed man to invent the coolest solution to this. They're called airplanes. You should get on one. Have it take you to Paris and I will pick you up. ;-) We can go do some wine tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh mazing! I love the one of just you on the bike with the bluest sky behind you. I fear if I went I would never want to leave. Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph - let's talk come February when it is cold, bear, gray and I've nothing to do all day because the kids are in school and David's working and we have no guests. I'll be ready to come home, I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok..for just a flicker I had envy....then I remembered that you will have winter and it may suck just as much as here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to disappoint you Anonymous, but there is hardly any snow here. Which means it HAS to be better, IMO. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! Are those TWO WAY roads?????...and are those "your" grapes???? Enjoy!--Love, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Stacy, technically they are two way, but most days we don't see any traffic on them. Sadly, they are not our grapes. But if they were that would mean we would have a LOT of work to do over the next few weeks through harvest. So, I am grateful to let someone else do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete