Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Five Days to Go

This morning I was off and running with the goal to get my bedroom completely cleaned out and organized and deep-cleaned before noon. On top of meeting that goal, I also went through Bo's, Vivi's and my remaining clothes, made outfits for the next five days, figured out what were were going to wear on the plane and packed or boxed-up the rest! Then two ANGELS came with LUNCH and helping hands for the afternoon and we completely cleaned out, organized and deep-cleaned the dining room.

Then I had another lovely goodbye-visit with a friend and her kids, after which my mom, dad and nieces came, bringing dinner. I knew they were bringing food, but I didn't know what - they surprised me with Lobster and all the fixings. We ate like New England Royalty. It was wonderful. Then one more goodbye visit with two other dear Sisters and now I am ready to collapse into bed.

Which is a very good idea, because I just saw my kitchen and it looks like a bomb exploded. Good thing it is one of the last rooms left to do! I guess that will be my top-priority tomorrow!

Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment