Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Making My Mark

It is of no surprise to anyone who knows me in the least to hear how I simply had to make a few changes to things when I got here. I think I waited two whole hours after P&S left before digging in, and that was only because I was still sleeping. After rearranging counter appliances in the kitchen and completely re-organizing the linen closet, it was still absolutely imperative to reinvent the living room space. Here's the before picture (with Bo cleverly "hiding"):


Here's my "new and improved" space. I know it doesn't seem that different, but the fainting couch was positioned such that you had to sit with your back to the fireplace and TV, which was simply unacceptable for me. Now I will be able to sit on that piece of furniture (my favorite) and enjoy the fire in the winter (my other favorite).




Ahhhhhh. That's much better.

3 comments:

  1. Much better! You should leave it that way for when they get back. They will wonder why they didn't think of it themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Thanks Ladies! No doubt this is a case of us Americans all thinking alike! :-D

    ReplyDelete