Chronicling the experience of a New England Family spending a year living in the Loire Valley of France.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Two More Days

If I'm getting sick of writing my daily accounts, someone must be getting sick of reading them, too. Last night I sat down to write about yesterday, Two Days To Go, and even though I did a ton and visited a ton and had a great day, it didn't feel like it.

As I look around I can't believe we will be ready to go by Monday afternoon. There is so much to do! Sadly, and not surprisingly, I have left all the "I Don't Know Piles and Tasks" for last. Which means I keep walking past the same boxes or mounds of stuff in our house thinking, "I have no idea what to do what all that. I'll get to it later." Which, for the past two months, has worked rather well. But I am definitely running out of "later."

More than likely, this stuff will wind up in boxes for me to sort out when we get back. Funny thing will be when I don't know what to do with it then and set it aside for "later." I have a lot of "Later Pile Problems" in my living.

We attended our last house church meeting last night and I couldn't bear leaving. I am SO grateful for the technology that will allow us to join them from time to time via video conferencing. I will sorely miss my church family.

Today David is supposed to play in his softball league playoffs. But currently, at 5AM, it is raining like the dickens, so perhaps his games will get cancelled? For a moment I will feel badly about that and then breathe a HUGE sigh of relief.

Technically, what with the ridiculous hour it is, there are still two days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment